A big part of being able to accept credit card payments for in-person sales is having a credit card swiping machine. A swiping machine is a simple terminal, often also containing a chip reader, that securely enables payments via credit or debit card. Typically, processing credit cards with a credit card swiping machine will charge lower transaction processing fees than manual entry.
So, if a business already has the ability to process credit cards through a merchant account and is using keyed entry, or is unable to process credit cards entirely, a credit card swiping machine can be a major upgrade.
Here are the three main options for how to get a credit card swiping machine.
1. Purchase or Rent A Card Swipe Machine
If you already have a merchant account that accepts transactions from credit or debit cards, one simple solution is to simply purchase or rent a credit card swipe machine. Having the ability to easily process cards in this way is secure, and typically comes with a substantial increase in business, so purchasing or renting a card swipe machine is an investment that will more than pay for itself.
- It offers the ability to process credit cards easily and quickly
- Owning a card swipe machine outright can simplify the process of changing merchant accounts.
- It can be expensive
- It requires linking to a merchant account
- If the machine is damaged or destroyed, repair or replacement is costly.
2. Find a Merchant Account Provider Provides a Swipe Machine at No Extra Cost.
In addition to allowing you to process payments online (another essential service in today’s world), some merchant account providers can provide a credit card swipe machine, offering a simple solution to both merchant account needs, and answering the question of how to get a credit card swipe machine.
- Integrated solution for credit card processing
- Card swipe machine included
The simplest way to set up credit card processing and acquire a card swipe machine is to use an internet merchant account provider, like Charge.com. Visit their website, or call them at (888)924-2743