The restaurant industry has been completely transformed by digital payments. Whether you run a fine dining haute cuisine restaurant in upscale Bel Air, or a food truck parked in Downtown LA, you have one thing in common: your customers want a smooth, efficient, secure and fast payment process. Very few people carry huge amounts of cash and checkbooks aren’t very convenient either. The answer is to accept credit cards. Today, more than 34% of diners use credit cards to pay for their meal while 32% use debit cards.
If you run a fast food restaurant in LA, it makes business sense to provide your customers with fast, safe payment solutions too. Giving clients the flexibility and convenience of card payment POS boosts sales, captures the impulse buyer and gives your brand much more legitimacy. This is great for fast food restaurants, bakeries, food trucks, coffee shops, ice-cream parlors, pastry shops, and a variety of other food businesses.
Some business owners may be reluctant to move into the credit card processing option because they fear it could be cost intensive, or because they are worried that they may get locked into contracts that could last for years. That’s why you need a card processing company that offers solutions that are in sync with your unique business needs.
So what should your fast food restaurant business zero in on while looking for a merchant services credit card processing company?
1. Find one that’s geared to your kind of business: It should be flexible and convenient, and it should enable you to accept all payment types. You also may require a system that enables tipping, payment splitting, inventory management, and also accepts online payments. You may have situations where you host events, have limited-time sales, offer seasonal discounts, and loyalty points. You’ll also probably benefit from swift transfer into your bank account to enable you to use the funds without unnecessary delays. Make sure that your credit card processing company understands your requirements and can provide the right solution for you.
2. Affordable: Look for processing companies that provide cost-effective rates and plans. Avoid getting locked into long-term contracts and read your contract carefully. Some plans have fees that may kick in down the line.
3. Versatile: Pick a card processing company that provides versatile solutions. You may want integration with point of sale (POS) systems, online reporting, easier and faster accounting, and the ability to provide your clients with a safe, modern system of payment.
4. Fast: This is what your restaurant is all about. You want your customers to be able to get in and out of your restaurant with minimal delays. Customers need to move along the line smoothly and this is possible when you offer credit or debit card payment options. You don’t need accounting, billing errors, or arguments over what size bill the customer just handed the cashier that could occur with traditional payment methods.
5. Support: Pick a card processing company that gives you 24/7/365 support, provides free setup, helps you to quickly resolve payment problems, and has enough backup to help you in case you have a network issue.
For more information on credit card processing for fast food restaurants in Los Angeles, or to sign up for a merchant account, please call (888) 924-2743 or go to Charge.com.